I am a backpack collector, that is an polite way of saying that I have an addition, I need help, and you can take my backpack collection from my cold dead hand.
now that we have the introduction over, let me introduce the Matador FreeRain24 Waterproof Packagable Daypack Backpack.. It fits in your hand, and on your Back, Nifty!
- 24 liter capacity backpack packs up for easy travel or transport. Weight: 157 Grams, Collapsed size: 5x3x2.5 inch
- Waterproof main compartment with Hypalon® roll top closure and sealed seams keep your gear dry in the worst conditions
- Constructed of the finest materials available: 30D Cordura® fabric, Hypalon® rolltop closure, ITW Nexus® buckles and YKK® zipper
- Breathable straps with adjustable top stabilizers for improved ergonomics
- Additional non-waterproof vertical zipper pocket and size pockets for easy-access storage
I was/am a big fan of their pocket blanket, but a backpack that can fit in my pocket seems like there would be significant concessions.
However, in hand, this pack is everything I hoped it would be and more.
Packed up, it easily fits inside your pant pocket or something like a shoe if you’re trying to optimize space in a suitcase for travel. Unpacked, it holds a substantial amount. I was able to put a pair of sneakers, a sweater, a hoodie, 6 shirts, and a pair of pants in it with plenty of room to spare for other things like a camera, phone, toiletries, etc. Color me impressed.
The pack itself when loaded up is pretty comfortable. A lot of times, I’d just grab a drawstring bag, but this is definitely my new go-to. It holds substantially more, is more comfortable, is water resistant, and ultimately takes up little to no room when packed up. There are no downsides versus a drawstring bag, and very few versus a full backpack. It’s a perfect “sidekick” pack for travel.
Like one of the other reviews stated, I did hesitate when re-packing it as it doesn’t come with instructions like the pocket blankets they sell. However, just rolling it up like a sleeping bag worked perfectly to fit it back into the attached pouch.